We supply a household biogas plant kit consisting of connectors for inlets and outlets, drain valve, gas cock assembly, and a single burner biogas stove. The kit also includes an instructional video for constructing your own biogas plant. The digester and gas holder tanks and inlet and outlet pipes have to be purchased locally. You only need some knowledge of plumbing and you can do it yourself! Hundreds of people across the world have constructed their own biogas plants from the instructional video and are happily using them.
MRP of kit (packaging and transport extra): INR 4000 (USD 80)
The biogas technology which we promote is based on the Internationally acclaimed compact biogas technology originally developed by Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI). In and around Pune city, installation and servicing support is also be provided.
HOUSEHOLD BIOGAS PLANTS
Household Biogas – Terrace Model
- Size: 1 m3 digester
- Capacity: upto 2 kg kitchen waste
- Quantity of gas produced: upto 1 kg biogas, capable of replacing 300 g of LPG.
- Depending on type of cooking done, either breakfast or one meal can be cooked entirely on biogas.
- Requires space on open terrace with good load bearing capacity or open to sunlight area of land – about 2-3 m.
Household Biogas – Balcony Model
- Size: 0.5 m3 digester
- Capacity: upto 1 kg kitchen waste
- Quantity of gas produced: upto 0.5 kg biogas, capable of replacing about 150 g of LPG.
- Depending on type of cooking done, about 30 min of cooking (tea, snacks, etc.) can be done.
- Easily fits into a balcony.